Employment Type: Full time
Location: Holland, MI
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation and 401k with employer matching program
This job may be for you if:
You like airplanes. You enjoy working outdoors and like variety during your work day. You would like to be part of a team with low turnover and a high level of camaraderie
Our Team is:
Not so big that you’re just a number. Instead, you’re a highly valued member of a tight knit, expert aviation service team. If you think working in an airport environment would be pretty cool, you’re right!
General Job Description:
Line Service Technicians are responsible for providing our aviation customers and other departments with safe, efficient and friendly service including fuel, oil, hangar and tie down, lavatory service, luggage handling and interior and exterior cleaning services. Additional responsibilities include snow plowing, mowing and general facilities cleaning and maintenance.
Specific Duties Include:
- Assists all flight crews and passengers by courteously providing services they may require
- Directs the movement of aircraft and vehicular traffic on the ramp and in and about hangars Properly secure all parked aircraft, clean windshields, remove trash and perform lavatory service
- Perform fueling and de-icing of all types of aircraft in compliance with specific standards.
- Safely drive and operate ground support vehicles and equipment
- Responsible for the safe operation and filling of fuel trucks.
- Perform daily and monthly quality control inspections on fuel trucks and fuel farm
- Perform daily and monthly equipment safety inspections and basic preventative maintenance.
- Perform grounds keeping and janitorial duties, drive snow plow and assist with snow removal as required. Operate lawn mowing and trimming equipment.
- Maintain the cleanliness and maintenance of the areas on and about the airport
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write clearly and legibly
- Ability to push/pull/lift 70 lbs. for extended periods of time
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints
- Demonstrate basic computer skills with the ability to easily grasp the concepts of company software for paperwork and computer transactions
- Must be available and willing to work varied hours plus weekends and holidays.
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School diploma or GED equivalent,
- Must pass background check, pre-employment drug test, have valid Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within an airport environment
- Aviation experience is a plus
Airport operations – indoors and outdoors. Winter and summer weather conditions where extreme temperature ranges are encountered. It can be loud (hearing protection is required and provided).
- Pleasant with others on the job and display a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- You’re reliable, responsible and dependable
- You have strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- You’re able to maintain composure and to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- You like to take on responsibilities and challenges and are open to change and considerable variety in the workplace
- You’re sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and understanding and helpful on the job
You are physically able to:
Lift and pull (75-80 lbs.). Climb and stand on step ladders while fueling aircraft. Bend and stoop to manipulate hoses and connect aircraft tow bars. Must have good vision and the physical dexterity to safely perform tasks critical to several job functions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling and twisting.